Very special, incredibly beautiful and super powerful. 165g 5cm
Obsidian has been used as a gemstone since antiquity. Mahogany obsidian, also known as mountain mahogany, is natural glass obsidian that has iron inclusions creating the mahogany coloured stripes and swirls in it. Typically found in South America, Japan, Mexico, Afghanistan, and parts of the United States.
Obsidian is a powerfully protective and grounding stone that's commonly known to give wearers the strength needed to stand against any enemy. Many use it in times of need, to remove energy blocks and give new life to purposes and goals.
In healing terms, healers use it to relieve pain and improve circulation. Obsidian is also considered to be useful for those suffering from depression or addiction. Mahogany obsidian, in particular, is said to increase sexuality and sensuality, most notably the sense of touch.
Cleaning Mahogany Obsidian.
because of its absorbent properties, obsidian can accumulate too many negative energies that can dull its effects. In order to keep it working to the best of it's abilities, you will need to regularly cleanse it. Here are a couple of simple ways you can use.
Cleansing with Brown Rice
Crystal experts believe that brown rice can absorb negative energy.
To cleanse with brown rice:
- Fill a bowl with brown rice.
- Put your obsidian in the bowl for 24 hours.
- Remove and discard the grains.
Cleansing with Sage
Sage is an herb that has been used for centuries for its cleansing and healing properties.
To cleanse with sage:
- Light some sage leaves on fire using a match or lighter.
- Hold the plant with your right hand.
- Pass your obsidian over the flame, allowing the smoke to engulf it.
- Do this for 30 to 60 seconds.
Cleansing with Moonlight
The moon is a powerful symbol of cleansing and purification.
To cleanse with moonlight:
- Find out the date of the next full moon.
- On the night of the full moon, expose your crystal to the moonlight for at least an hour.
- Collect obsidian before sunrise.
Cleansing with Sound
Sound can be used to raise the vibrations of your obsidian. In this method, a Tibetan singing bowl is typically used to cleanse the stone.
You may also play a video of the Tibetan singing bowl online as an alternative.
To cleanse with sound:
- Position your obsidian in front of the singing bowl.
- Hold the bowl with your right hand and the stick with your left.
- Tap the stick against the bowl to ring it.
- Using the stick, rub the outside of the bowl to continue ringing.
- Do this for 5-10 minutes.
Cleansing with Clear Quartz
Clear quartz is a highly-cleansing stone you can use to purify obsidian.
To cleanse with clear quartz:
- Fill a bowl with small clear quartz stones.
- Place the obsidian on top of the clear quartz.
- Leave them overnight.
It is also important to re-charge your crystals, this fills them with your intention so they work for you with whatever you need from them.
- Choose a quiet place where you can focus on your intention.
- Sit with your obsidian in front of you.
- Close your eyes and take some deep breaths to relax.
- Visualize the energy of your intention flowing into the crystal.
- When you're done, open your eyes and release the crystal.
- Your intention must align with the energy of the crystal.
If you wish for protection, program the crystal to manifest this intention.
If you desire to heal, think about it when activating the stone.